Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Favorite Whites




I am very fortinate to be living in this region of Sonom County where the wine is in abundance. Neighboring Napa, Ca. this area covers a wide range of wine varieties. 5 of my favorite white wines are shown. These Chardonnay wines are(left to right) Chateau St. Jean, Sonoma County, Napa, Ca. ** Laurier, Los Carneros, Sonoma, Ca. ** BV Beaulieu Vinyard, Coastal Estates, Sonoma, Ca. ** Sebastiani, Sonoma County, Sonoma, Ca. ** Geyser Peak, Alexander Valley, Geyserville, Ca. These wines are actually in my favorites order as well. I like these selected ones due to the overall taste and reasonable prices. I am not a wine snob so I will refrain talking about the notes each one has. I just enjoy a nice glass of wine! Highly recommend them if they are available in your area. One of my favorite events to attend is in the Fall, is called Har vest Fair. This is where all the local wineries come together in one pavilion. They post which ones have won Gold, Silver or Bronze awards and is a huge tasting event. It is so convenient to be able to try all your favorite wineries in one spot. I will also mention they have a grape stomp which is always fun to watch.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Jules, you've hit a soft spot! I see lots of my favorites among your favorites. :)

    I miss living close to your Sonoma ~ (I'm sure you've seen lots of changes, too.) It's still my favorite appellation in the world.

    Your blog is going straight to my FAVORITES list, I hope you don't mind.

    I look forward to visiting regularly. xo~m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chateau St. Jean, Robert Young, is my all time favorite chard. The regular Chateau St. Jean isn't shabby either!

    You're so fortunate to live in Wine Country -- we've enjoyed your part of the world each time we visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope some of those are going into a suitcase in May...we might need to make some crostini with goat cheese and basil to go with! Trouble!

    Auntie Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page