Monday, March 23, 2009

Flowers!

I am loving the fact that SPRING is here. One of my favorite seasons besides Fall. I just love to watch the flowers grow and bloom. They are my babies besides my kittens who are actually grown cats now. Below is what I call the "Mound" and would love to re landscape some day. Until that happens it is loaded with Iris plants which will be beautiful once they open. I also have a butterfly bush which has grown into a tree and a pomegranate tree that I would be more fond of if it produced yummy pomegranates. I think Jasmine is such a beautiful fragrance and love the cute white flowers and pink buds. It is a great vine to have to cover a large area. I have mine planted on the fence between the neighbors house and mine. Everyday when I pull into the driveway I get to see this beautiful vine and have a nice aroma in the air too.

It is so nice to see bulbs from the prior year bloom. These Freesia flowers are beautiful. I love the contrast color of the center with the beautiful petals. I have many of these planted along the walkway to the front door.


I was at Home Depot for an item and of course had to take the long way through the garden center outside, then inside just to get my one item when my weakness started. This beautiful Primrose needed a good home. I couldn't leave it there at the store knowing it could get neglected. Isn't it gorgeous with the yellow center, and red petals rimmed with white!




Above all, my favorite flower is the Viola. I love all violas including their siblings the Pansy and Johnny Jump Ups! I had to buy this flat. I love the mix of the colors! They are the happiest flowers of them all how their little faces stand up tall and bright. Having a flat of them, I was able to plant them in many locations.



Happy Spring! Can't wait for more flowers to bloom this spring and summer.




1 comment:

  1. All your flowers look so happy...what a nice mix to have in your garden. My friend just sent me some "chocolate" flower seeds. Do you think she knows me very well?

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page