Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yard Work

This rose bush is gorgeous this year!  It has been a head  turner for walkers in  the neighborhood.  I have been cutting them for a bouquet in my front window over my sink which has been so nice.  


Out back by the patio I have been working on adding in a flower bed between the backyard and my brick patio area.  I wanted to define the area between the two and I think this is working.  I have topped off the area with Cocoa mulch.  Love that stuff.  The aroma is wonderful and is also great for the soil!
I was hoping these iris would have bloomed this year.  I had transplanted them from another area in the yard so hopefully next spring they will bloom. I also have a kangaroo paw to the left of the iris which are fun plants.  They have such a cool texture to the flower, like velvet.  Projects are always nice once you get to the end of them.  Mine seem to be ongoing~



Here is one of m beautiful artichoke plants.  I am so exciting to have 9 chokes between my two plants!  I harvested my first one a couple of days ago and am going to cook it up today.  This guy is next!  Love artichokes!!



I have never grown strawberries in this type of planter before and thought I would give it a try this year.  I have 25 plants growing and it seems to be working.   I have some blossoms going so hopefully I can try to some great strawberries soon!










2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been a busy girl this weekend! Those artichokes look fantastic, wish I could share one with you! Your stawberries look nice and healthy too! Good job! Now you can sit back and enjoy all your hard work with a nice glass of wine!

    Love, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY JULES:
    THOT I WOULD CHECK OUT THE BLOG. LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING FUN WITH IT. I LOVE IT I GET TO LEARN THINGS ABOUT YOU I NEVER KNEW. WISH I WAS THERE TO ENJOY YOUR GARDEN WITH YOU. IT LOOKS GREAT SO FAR. TTFN VIKKI

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page