Saturday, April 4, 2009

Healthy Lunch




My new healthy lunch that I have been enjoying and thought I would share. I have been trying to eat a little healthier unlike the sandwich below. This salad is made with Spring lettuce mix, raw pecans, dried cranberries, chicken salad and poppy seed dressing! I know it isn't too low fat but low carb. My chicken salad is pretty simple-shredded chicken breast, mayo, lots of celery, green onions and crushed red pepper flakes. This combination is very yummy and recommend trying it.
This sandwich was awesome! Right up my alley! Crab cake melt which was from KC's Downtown Grill in Windsor, CA. Filled with melted Jack cheese, 2 crab cakes, tomato slices, lettuce, avocado and a sun dried tomato pesto! Not to mention the nice stack of onion rings on the side! My favorite. I could go on and on about dishes like this but I am trying to cut back and be good! Maybe I will come up with a little healthier version~


1 comment:

  1. They both look yummy! I need to get more creative with healthier things to eat since we are both trying to be good! Thanks for the idea for the salad!

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page