Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cookbooks

My love for cookbooks is growing. I have run into the problem of space for them which is the only thing holding me back from purchasing more! These are just a few to give a taste of what I like. America's Test Kitchen is a great book because they also comment on kitchen gadgets, cookware and ingredients which is a great learning tool to read.
I love the Food Network. My TV must be programmed only to that channel. I enjoy watching the chefs and learning from them. I get a lot of ideas from them and like to think of how I could make a dish similar but change up a few ingredients to my liking. I think that is why I prefer to cook than to bake. To measure precisely is not my cup of tea. I like to be creative and add my own ideas for ingredients. One of my favorite's is Giada de Laurentis. She makes me sick looking at how skinny she is and can still eat pasta! Pasta is one of my major food groups but sticks to me like glue.

I think it is fun to give cookbooks as gifts as it is fun to receive them too. I think I should retire early, like now, so I can stay home and cook and try all the recipes I have tagged to try SOMEDAY. I think I will need a guinea pig to try them too!


2 comments:

  1. I like reading cookbooks like novels in bed. Sometimes I put post its on recipes I want to try. I agree, there just isn't enough time to try them all out, and now with blogging I'm collecting even more recipes! Trouble with a capital "T".

    Hugs Auntie Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isnt' enough time to try all the recipes and I figure if there is two good recipes per book then it is worth the price! I have far too many -- and some sit unused -- I'm cooking mostly from Ina Garten and Anna Pump.

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page