Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pizza Night

One of my favorite things to eat-PIZZA ! Tonight's variation was just from what I had on hand at home and sounded good. On my way home from work, I stopped at my favorite grocery store-Trader Joe's. I picked up the fresh pre-made whole wheat pizza dough in the cooler section. Yes, I said whole wheat. Don't knock it until you try it! Got to be somewhat healthy...right? In a small skillet I chopped onion, zucchini, and red bell pepper in EVOO. Then added in one clove of minced fresh garlic and a nice portion of cubed pancetta and finished cooking until the veggies were al dente. Meanwhile, after letting the pizza dough rise, I attempted to roll it out into a circle. Still need more practice with that! For my sauce, I always use tomato paste. I just love the tangy taste it gives to the pizza. I do season that with a little salt and Italian seasoning. Next I sprinkle an overly generous amount of shredded mozzarella. More the better, LOVE cheese! Then I distribute the cooked veggies evenly, add sliced kalamata olives and dabs of ricotta cheese. Then yes, I topped the pizza with a little sprinkle of MORE cheese.
Bake at 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Yummmy!


And don't forget the vino! Chardonnay was my choice tonight due to our HOT weather. Was debating even making pizza for dinner tonight because it is a hot day and didn't want to turn the oven on but it was WAY worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie

    Your pizza looks absolutely delicious!

    So you are having a hot day over there - went and windy today in the UK - and very autumnal after a glorious day on Monday!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page