Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mac n Cheese

My love for Mac n cheese is like a major food group to me. Here is a variation I tried today for lunch. First I used a multi-grain pasta to help add in extra fiber and nutrition as I am trying to ween off regular pasta. I sauteed finely minced yellow onion, sweet baby red peppers in EVOO. Then I added sliced white mushrooms and fresh spinach with a smidgen of S&P and shake of red pepper flakes for a little kick. Then I added in rotisserie chicken for protein. For the cheese sauce, I used 2 T butter, 2 T flour and whisked in 1 cup of milk and brought to a low boil. I then added in grated Parmesan cheese, a handful of crumbled goat cheese and 2 handfuls of finely grated Monterrey jack/cheddar blend. Then I simply combined all the ingredients. I was debating transferring the Mac n cheese to a dish and adding a crumb topping and baking but my stomach did not have the patience. Very yummy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Background page