Sunday, September 23, 2012

WELCOME FALL


Autumn has arrived!!!
I love this time of year and welcome Fall with open arms. To embrace and welcome this beautiful time of year, I wanted to make a Fall type meal.  Chili has been calling my name for a while now and today was the day.  I was going to make my mothers recipe when my handsome boyfriend suggested a recipe.  Oh and where might he find this recipe you may wonder like I did.  Well, from a back in the day arcade gaming website. Yep.  Hmmm, well I said if you help me, we can make it. SOLD!


So off to the grocery store we went and bought our ingredients for this Fall meal. I was hoping for nice cool Fall weather but that was no where in sight with 86 degree sunny temps in the wine county.


We gathered our ingredients and had everything layed out so we could be anal accountant amature chefs in the kitchen together.  Mind you my man....does NOT cook. Repeat...does NOTcook.  With his generous offer to help, we has put to work! Meet mister handsome S*H*A*N*E


First we cut up our stew meat to make more bite size morsals. Good job Shane....you did that so well, I think you are hired as my suis chef!


Next is to saute your onions, stew meat, and ground beef in a little oil.  Saute until meat is almost browned and your onions are near translucent.



Then we added our seasonings, cocoa, coffee and beef stock.


The most criticle step next is to taste test your beer before adding to your chili pot!  Very importatnt for quality control :)


The beer passed inspection so that was then added along with the diced tomatos!


At this point is when you add your cup of love, keep your fingers crossed  and two hours later, this will be your next favorite chili recipe......I hope!


Yummm, look at that chili. Since we were feeling so gourmet, we make homemade cornbread to go with our meal. Realizing corn bread is so easy to make from scracth, why would I ever buy a box mix again?


Shane gets kudos from his gaming site chili recipe.  What a tastey recipe! Of course you can add your favorite toppings to top off the good eats! Ours was diced red onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream.

Mine


His


~ LOVE ~




2 comments:

  1. I don't believe it! You actually posted! It's about time you stopped going to so many wineries and made an appearance, and what a doozy! You would make Pioneer Woman Proud! I know you make your Auntie proud!

    Hugs,
    ANT Fane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now we have met SHANE!
    Pretty cute I'd say. :)

    The chili looks tasty.

    Good to see you again.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete

Fall Background page